Qrfld is a studio for communication design based in Potsdam, Germany. We develop brand identites that live across all media, from websites and printed matter to spaces. We approach every project holistically, aiming to create valuable new experiences, knowlegde and connections for people.
Here's what we do
- consultation, strategy and concept development
- multidisciplinary design
- project planning, management and implementation
- brand identites
- printed matter
- interactive exhibitions
Founder and creative lead
Brigitta loves searching for the simple core in complex systems and make it visible to offer a new perspective. As designer and creative director of brand agencies and design teams in New York and Berlin she gained profound experience in developing brand stories and visual identities. In 2015 she founded Studio Qrfld in Potsdam, her current base in Germany.
With clients like the Museum of Modern Art and the Hamburger Kunsthalle she lerned to think and design within complex systems – whether exhibitions and signage systems within their buildings or beyond, in digital media and marketing campaigns. She was especially interested in the museums' visitors and the effect that art experiences had on them, which led her to initiate projects like 'I went to MoMA and...'. She also taught Brand Design at the renowned New York School of Visual Arts.
2014 she founded Studio Qrfld as a platform for various collaborations mit creatives in her Potsdam and Berlin network. She continued working for cultural clients like Berlin's Haus der Kulturen der Welt, but also became interested in supporting the public dialog on city development, with projects for the city of Potsdam or its main housing developer ProPotsdam. Brigitta engages in juries and round-table-discussions in the planning of an expansion of Potsdams creative quarter and she initiated a public discourse on the usage of the central Platz der Einheit. She also supports local climate activism as a member of German Zero.
For most of our projects, we assemble specific teams that uniquely combine all necessary expertises. Many of our collaborators work right next door – the advantage of being located in Potsdams 'Rechenzentrum' that holds studio spaces for about 250 creatives. That's how we can quickly adapt our teams according to the needs of every project.
Our tried and tested network consists of specialists for graphic design, motion- and interface design, produkt- and servicedesign, copywriting, programming, illustration, exhibition design, 3D modeling, photography, filmmaking, audio production, projection art, event tecnology and more. Just to list a few:
Sorry, we couldn't find any posts. Please try a different search.
awards / publications / talks
- Designpreis Brandenburg, 1. Platz Komm.-design, 2019
- German Brand Award, 2016
- Hamburger Preis für Kulturkommunikation, 2015
- German Design Award, Special Mention, 2014
- I.F. Design Award, Packaging, 2014
- Print Magazine, Regional Design Award 2012
- American Association of Museums, Gold Muse Award 2012
- SEGD (Society of Environmental Graphic Design) Merit Award 2012
- Type Directors Club, 2012
- How Magazine In-How-se Design Awards, ‘Outstandign Achievement’ 2011
- AIGA 365, 2011
- Communication Arts Magazine, Annual Awards, 2011
- AIGA 365, 2010
- How Magazine In-How-se Design Awards, ‘Best of Show’ 2010
- Type Directors Club Awards, 2007
- Print Magazine, Annual Design Awards, 2006
- Communication Arts Magazine, Annual Awards, 2006
- Graphis ‘New Talent’ Annual 2005
- Type Directors Club, Annual Design Awards, 2nd Place, Student Category, 2004
- The School of Visual Arts Rhodes Family Award, 2004
- Some Magazine, 2015, Guest Author
- Introducing: Cultural Identities, Gestalten Verlag, 2013
- The Best of Graphic Design 13, Rockport Publishing, 04/2013
- AD Magazine Deutschland, 10/2012
- DESIGN 360°– Concept and Design, Sandy Publishing, China, 2012
- SENSATION – Promo & Campaign, Sandy Publishing, China, 2012
- 1000 Retail Graphics, 2007
- The Anatom of Design, by Steven Heller, 2007
Talks / Juries
- Member in juries and commitees in the investor- and architecture-selection process for the 'Kreativquartier Potsdam'
- Co-organizer, workshop der Wirtschaftsförderung Brandenburg: 'Kreativwirtschaft Brandenburg', 2019
- Talk at ‚7 Sachen‘ networking event, Potsdam, 2019
- Talk at‚6 x 6‘ networking event Potsdam, 2015
- Talk at Burg Giebichenstein, 2012
- Panelist at 'American Association of Museums' conference, 2010
- Jury-member for design award of the Columbus Society of Communicating Arts (CSCA) 2011
- Jury member for 'Print Magazine Regional Design Annual' 2011
- Jury member for 'London International Awards' 2009